Friday, 20 January 2012

Contents Page Research



Ok, this is a post DEDICATED to Coverlines and Contents Page Research that I could use in my Contents page, and possibly use on my Front Cover if they need replacing... Anyway, I've got a load of ideas that have been influenced by my work with UK Tribes (a link to that post: http://alexclarkwgsbmedia.blogspot.com/2012/01/uk-tribes.html) and are relevant to the information that I found on that post:
  • Download 2012 - The Event that Everyone is Screaming About!
  • Korn + Skrillex? - The Match Made in Hell!
  • Trivium Exclusive - Taking the World On In Waves!
  • Drowning Pool - The Comeback Tour!
  • Hell Raiser - "They Won't Know What Hit Them!"
  • 2012 is Here - Will you Survive the Comping Apocalypse?
  • Project Mayhem and Metal Hammer - The ULTIMATE Partnership of 2012!
  • Relentless! - The Sponsor of Project Mayhem
  • Fresh Meat - THE Unsigned Band you wish you Heard First!
  • PM Quiz - Trivia from December to Now
  • Advice from Anthrax - Not your Average Advice Column...
  • Monthly Giveaway - Hell Raiser's New Album, Into The Shadows!
  • Mayhem Monthly Madness! - The Good, Bad and the Crazy!
  • Drowned in Project Mayhem - What happened when we went on Drowned in Sound!
  • Mayhem Radio - A Note from our Digital Radio Station!

So these are my Ideas for Coverlines. Now lets move on to the Layout of other Contents pages to improve my ideas from my Flatplan that I completed earlier. To the right you can see a Contents Page from the popular Heavy Metal magazine "Metal Hammer". Just like I plan for mine, "Metal Hammer" is a monthly magazine so I can learn a lot about the layout of the images and the space that each article takes up from looking at this page. Unfortunately the image itself isn't of the whole Contents which is a slight complication, but I can see that the articles of the magazine are split into 2 sub headings, Features and Regulars, and that both of them are separated using a thin Grey line. There are 12 articles shown in these sub headings, and all of them are based on Artists and Bands (Bullet for my Valentine, Cradle of Filth etc.). The images on the contents are also page numbered, so that each image has something to do with the pages within the magazine. What has caught my eye however is that the numbered pages here don't start until page 28, which I can use to justify doing this for my Contents page. The basic layout of this Contents page is very simple to see, with the majority of the Coverlines in a list on the left hand side of the page with images depicting other articles both on the right hand side and the bottom of the page. Finally, there is also an image of the Front Cover of the magazine next to the "Contents" title, which I will also use on my Contents Page. And there you have it, the makings for an awesome Contents Page!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment