1)Alright, the first thing I brought into my Contents Page from my Front Cover was the black background, despite my research into Contents Page's having no black backgrounds at all... However, to allow for this I made my Columns and Rows white, and since they take up the majority of the space on my Contents Page the background only looks like the frame, as you can see in the Screen Grab to the right. The boxes where created using the Rectangle Shape Tool, and are equipped with a Layer Style that included a Drop Shadow, Bevel and Emboss and a Texture Overlay to create the rough surface of these spaces for text.

2)
Secondly I moved onto the main image itself. On the Contents Page, the image takes up much less space to allow for the articles to fill the majority of the space. For this image I maintained the hard gaze of my models, but used an Eyeline Match to produce more of a level view of my models. The connotations of this image where of Old Western Wanted posters, so I applied a Light Effect to further illustrate the idea of an interrogation. I also moved over the "Hell Raiser" logo to reinforce the identity of my band.
3)The next part of the Contents Page to complete was the Masthead. The text was written in the same font as the Masthead for my Front Page, the 'Unreal Tournament' font from Dafont.com. One of the main aspects I found from my research into Contents Pages was that a small copy of the Front Cover is shown on the Contents Page, which I incorporated into the top left hand corner of the Masthead. The Issue number and 'Issue' text are also a part of the Masthead, and these are done in a combination of the 'Gargoyle' and 'Guttural' fonts found on Dafont, with layer Styles including a Stroke and Bevel Emboss.
4)
Fourthly you can see the bottom panel of my Contents Page taking shape. The bottom panel is the space reserved for the Album Cover competition. I also included another image of my models, a Low Angle shot to reinforce the dominance my models have over my Target Audience. Many of the elements here were duplicate layers from previous work and elements brought over from my Front Page.
5)Finally, here it is. With articles and everything, the whole Contents Page. The Coverlines themselves are split into three sections, and each aspect of the sections are constructed in different ways with different layer styles. The title of the section, such as "Interviews" is equipped with a layer style including a black Stroke and a soft Bevel and Emboss, as do the page numbers that are linked with the articles. The articles themselves have a layer style including a Bevel and Emboss and a Gradient Overlay. The article titles are also stretched and squashed to fit into an aligned row.

No comments:
Post a Comment