Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Peer Assessment

Just undertaken some peer assessment with our work, and we all moved around the room looking at a few of the work from our peers and giving our opinions on them as they are now. I've just had a look at my comments and all-in-all I am quite pleased with what I have been given in terms of constructive feedback. Below you can see the stage that I am at just after the Peer Assessment has been completed. Please note, I know its not looking too good but I am still working with it...





















What did we do?
We were each told by our teacher to move 4 places clockwise around the room, and write on a piece of paper what we thought of the work that was on the screen. We then moved another place and did the same to another piece of work, and finally again for a third. Then we moved back to our own work and read the comments that were put down on our own pieces of paper, and there you have it! One recipe for effective peer assessment, and in all honesty it was a very useful exercise.

How did I find it?
Personally I found the session very useful, as it gave me the chance to have a look at the work that my peers had completed. Seeing the things that they had done and the way they had solved certain problems with their work gave me a great incentive to try these methods in my own work, so my final piece will be improved that way. Of course there is also the sheet of paper with all the comments from my peers written down, which I can use to develop my work. So all in all, you can see that the session was a complete success in my eyes, and have already begun to implement the changes in my magazine cover and contents pages.

What did they say?
Like I said they gave me some good comments with regards to my front cover and contents pages, and below you can see images of the ACTUAL paper that they wrote on (excuse the handwriting, it took me a while to figure out what it said as well...)


The comments that I have been given are generally critical, which is good because it gives me a lot to work on to improve my work. The main problems have come down to the main image itself, with my peers thinking that it is too dark to fit properly in a music magazine. I plan on looking to change it to a better lit picture to improve the impact of the cover itself. I did also receive some praise, since my peers liked the chosen Font and how it reflected the Genre well. The Design Elements were also received well with my peers which I'm very pleased with. Moving on to the Contents page, I have been advised to include more distinctive columns, and to work on an alternative to the black colour. I plan to experiment with Gradients when it comes to my Contents page since according to my research no Contents page has a pure Black Background. With that said however, my peers appreciated how the two pages fit together nicely, and where impressed with my use of photoshop. I am pleased with the comments I have received and am eager to work to improve what I have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment